Wednesday, June 30, 2010

1. Ride a Scooter

Folks who know me well know that I'm not good with modes of transportation.  Sure, I'm a good defensive driver, have flown around the world on planes, and commute by bike, but I like my feet on the ground.  Fast moving vehicles make this lady tense, and even navigating traffic on a bike stresses me out.

Growing up, we had a little Honda 80 motorcycle and the sibs and I took turns riding it around the yard.  I was scared out of my mind when it was my turn.  I started it up, took off, panicked, and fell over on the first lap.  On another occasion, I confused the gas and the brake and drove a four-wheeler directly into a tree on my first attempt at riding.  I get sick on planes, anxious in cars, nervous on bikes, nauseous on trains, and stiff on rollerskates.  Yet, I've always had this fascination with those Italians on their little mopeds, cruising down the skinny streets...  It just seems so romantic.  I knew I had to try it.

Here we go!

 Lucie thinks I'm going to crash!

Thanks to Tiffany for the idea, and to Lucie, who taught me how to ride and nervously looked on as I drove away screaming and laughing on her Spree.  When I took off, I got scared and almost fell over immediately.  Turns out it's pretty easy, though, and what a hoot!

Yea-hooooo ha ha ha ha!

An awesomely fun first adventure!

2 comments:

  1. Sooooo awesome! I wish I'd been there! I love the photos, Lucie's face is priceless! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are awesome. That is all.

    ReplyDelete