Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Revisiting Project 100!

Friends, I love project 100. It's been around two years since I cooked up the idea, started with fervor, then quit because I was overwhelmed. The original plan was to do a new thing EACH DAY and blog about them EACH DAY. So I'd wake up and think, "Oh, shit. I have to do something new today and write about it before I go to work in three hours." And that got to be a lot of work and not a lot of fun-having and adventuring. The spirit of Project 100 was lost.

Jump ahead to now! I'm two years older and reclaiming Project 100 with a whole new set of rules. Which is to say, I've ditched the rules. I am loosening the time frame, which allows for bigger firsts, and I'm choosing those firsts with a bit more thought and intention.

I want to face fears. I want to push boundaries. I want to show myself what I'm capable of and break free from my own ideas of who I am. I'm taking a good hard look at my ambivalence, this feeling of being unsure or blasé about something, and I'm realizing that most of the time my ambivalence is just good old fashioned FEAR in disguise. Fear is something I know how to deal with. When it shows up as "I don't feel like it," or "I don't think I want to do that," it's harder to recognize and conquer. 

I've spent the last week researching, brainstorming, talking, asking, and exploring. And I've come up with a shiny new list of firsts that I'm very excited to approach. And ambivalent. So it's perfect.

What would YOU like to do that you've never tried before?

Thanks for reading,
Eva

No comments:

Post a Comment